What do you like/dislike about the strip? Who's your favorite character?

What do you like/dislike about the strip? Who's your favorite character?

Coop
Administrator
What do you like about CHIVALRY AND KNAVERY?  What do you dislike?  Who's your favorite character?  Inquiring minds want to know ...

Re: What do you like/dislike about the strip? Who's your favorite character?

sethtriggs
Oh my goodness, one of my favorite things are the cute jokes, always good for a chuckle. Alongside that, there's the interplay between the three-person band of adventurers.

Of the characters, Ulf is my favorite because he gets all the best lines. Though appearance-wise, the Crazy King really sold me on the comic.

Honestly the only thing I dislike is that there isn't more update, but I am grateful that it continues to update.

And yes, I do like Kira and Toby too. Honestly the only character I disliked was the king in a sense. And the ways that the "Monsters of the Week" were handled was novel and funny each time.

-Seth

Re: What do you like/dislike about the strip? Who's your favorite character?

Coop
Administrator
Thanks, Seth!  After all these years, doing the strip is still fun for me.  I hope it's fun for my audience as well.

The crazy king, officially known as the King of the Diamond Kingdom, has been out of the story for a long time, but it's nice that you still remember him.  I had a lot of fun with him.  He's modeled after the "King of Diamonds" who is depicted on a standard playing-card set.  The last we saw of him, he was being sued for divorce by the witch Xalia, aka Kira's old college roommate.  Maybe I'll have to bring him back into the story sometime.  But it won't be this year.  All of those scripts are already written.  Now, if I can just draw them all!

Re: What do you like/dislike about the strip? Who's your favorite character?

choo choo George
I like everything about the strip, it's very funny and of course my favorite character is Kira and all the banter between the 3 adventurers. I've been reading & enjoying C&H from the start. Been wanting to E-mail you, but I have a problem in doing so, so I'm glad that you have a forum.

Meant to say C&K not C&H

Re: What do you like/dislike about the strip? Who's your favorite character?

Coop
Administrator
Oh, sure I remember you, George.  You're a model trains enthusiast, as I recall.  Sorry it took me so long to get a new forum in place, but better late than never.

I think most readers have Ulf as their favorite character, judging from the feedback and emails I've received over the years, but it's cool that you prefer Kira.  I think I like her best too.  She's the deepest character, so I feel like, as a writer, I can do a lot with her.  I also enjoy drawing that gorgeous physique of hers!  But Ulf is the funniest character.  Definitely!
DRA

Re: What do you like/dislike about the strip? Who's your favorite character?

DRA
Guess I'd say I'm the oddball in that I probably relate to Toby more than the others... mind you, as has been said, Ulf gets the best lines usually followed by Kira.

Mind you, I don't mind the most recent line by Toby, a bit blunt for him but it shows he is getting a bit better at speaking his mind  "Love, there are times when you should just say 'Congratulations' and then SHUT UP!"

Re: What do you like/dislike about the strip? Who's your favorite character?

Coop
Administrator
Hi, DRA!  Welcome to the forum!

I'm glad to see Toby getting some love.  He gets overlooked too often.  That's understandable, because he's the most sane and the least funny of the three main characters.  But he's not just a cardboard cutout; he has a personality.  He has his own agenda just like the others, he speaks his mind when he deems it necessary, and he's lost his temper a few times.  Most importantly, he serves as the adventuring team's "glue."  Without him, there wouldn't be a team.  Ulf and Kira would either kill each other or go their separate ways if left to themselves; it's Toby who holds them together.  Ulf won't leave the team because Toby is his best buddy; Kira won't leave the team because Toby is her husband.  So Toby has a vital role.  And he's a good guy, too.

Just don't make him mad!

Re: What do you like/dislike about the strip? Who's your favorite character?

choo choo George
Hi Coop,

Yeah that's me alright, glad to hear from you, love the latest strip when Toby tells Kira to just say congratulations and shut up. Is he getting a little braver talking back to Kira like that? If I was there I'd be in the tub with her enjoying all the coins and then some. I do enjoy Ulf a lot too. Can't wait to see their next adventure. Thanks for a great comic.

Re: What do you like/dislike about the strip? Who's your favorite character?

Coop
Administrator
Toby's married to Kira now, and once you're married to a person, you have a little more freedom to speak your mind than you had when you were just dating.  I speak from experience on that.

As for Toby climbing into the tub with Kira, it looks like that tub is a little too small for a huge lion like Toby.  But I'm sure he'd love to do it if he could!

This week's strip had me LOL, very funny that Toby got time off with pay and doesn't seem to realize where the moneys coming from, while Kira sure does.

Administrator
I'm glad you liked strip #725, George.  It seems like a perfect summation of the different ways in which Kira and Toby view Toby's order of knighthood, which is known as the Holy Brotherhood.  Toby is grateful for anything the Brotherhood gives him and never stops to think that maybe he isn't always getting fair treatment.  Kira, on the other hand, is a lot more practical and skeptical.  I don't think she'd be very popular at Brotherhood headquarters.  But Toby just got a lot more popular there, when he handed over his share of the dragon's treasure.

Re: What do you like/dislike about the strip? Who's your favorite character?

sethtriggs
Hahahaha...I do like the cute manner in which Toby and Kira bicker too. Kira is pretty smart, definitely gotta give her that!

-Seth

Re: What do you like/dislike about the strip? Who's your favorite character?

Coop
Administrator
They've been married for maybe 2-3 days, and they're already bickering.  Marriage will do that to you.