Strip #851, 10/8/2017: Puppy dog eyes.

Coop
Administrator
Strip #851 was the first time I've ever drawn Kira with puppy dog eyes.  She isn't in a "pleading for forgiveness" mode very often, obviously.  More often, she's wanting someone else to plead for forgiveness.

I referenced photos of sad puppies in an attempt to get this right, but I don't think I did.  I think she looks more like she's about to pass out.  Anyway, after all these strips, that was the first time I'd ever attempted that sort of expression for her, which I thought was interesting.  After 851 strips, you'd think that I would already have given her every possible facial expression.  But no.

Re: Strip #851, 10/8/2017: Puppy dog eyes.

sethtriggs
I say that's very well done!

Also, wow Kira with a conscience in the latest update? Unpossible!

Re: Strip #851, 10/8/2017: Puppy dog eyes.

Coop
Administrator
Well, the strip has been running for 12+ years and this is the first time Kira's conscience has shown up, so she's managed to keep it down for a long time.

If Ulf's conscience confronted him, he'd probably just disembowel it and go back to sleep.

Re: Strip #851, 10/8/2017: Puppy dog eyes.

sethtriggs
I laughed out loud on the 22nd update. That was really funny, and unexpected punchline to boot.