Lynnnnnnxxxxxx

sethtriggs
Oh she looks pretty just from this view, Coop! I guess Kira needs to mark her territory or something.

This is gonna be good for sure!

Re: Lynnnnnnxxxxxx

Coop
Administrator
Yeah, before we meet Kira's mother, we get to meet one of Kira's old schoolmates.

My guess is that the fur will fly!  (Get it?  Fur?  Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Re: Lynnnnnnxxxxxx

sethtriggs
That reunion went a lot better than I thought it would. Heh...

Re: Lynnnnnnxxxxxx

Coop
Administrator
Oh, it's just getting started.  And Kira is already suggesting that her "old friend" should get down on her knees and grovel.  It can only go downhill after that.

Re: Lynnnnnnxxxxxx

James
Oh, I'm just waiting for the Lynx to ask when she became so...endowed!  Hence telling (or at least implying) that she was not always so: after all, there are many goals that draw one to a profession!

PAX

Re: Lynnnnnnxxxxxx

Coop
Administrator
Hi, James!  Glad to have you join the forum!

Kira's always had the great body (at least since her teen years) ... that's another reason that Lynette and the others at school hated her.  It's also one of many reasons why Kira has an ego the size of Mount Olympus.

This gives me an opportunity to give a little background about the fantasy world in which Kira and Toby live.  It's briefly mentioned in one of the early strips that furries came about due to magical DNA blending that was performed on an experimental basis by some not-entirely-sane wizards many years ago.  The idea is that the wizards were trying to create a new and improved form of person, one that combined the best features of humans and animals.  A furry has a human's abilities to think, talk, and use tools and weapons; a furry also has an animal's enhanced senses of sight, smell and hearing, plus enough fur to keep him/her comfortable in harsh weather.  As part of the process of creating these enhanced creatures, the wizards took care to give them perfect physiques as well.  Thus most furry males are strong and muscular (like Toby), and most furry females are shapely and sexy (like Kira).  The wizards may have gone a little overboard when designing the bust sizes for Kira's family tree, but hey, they were MALE wizards, so we probably shouldn't be surprised.

Explains a lot, huh?

Obviously I've given this a lot of thought.  Which may indicate a certain amount of insanity.

Re: Lynnnnnnxxxxxx

sethtriggs
Makes sense in context to me, Coop!

Ahahahah I love Lynette's "oh crap" expression too. This is a very interesting wrinkle.

Love how there are lots of little details emerging in the art too. Very nice.

Re: Lynnnnnnxxxxxx

Glenn
Hey, Coop.  I'm glad I created a world of "furries" before I found your comic.  I had my humanimals created in a similar manner to your furries, except I used scientists attempting to save the human race from extinction.  Interesting how minds sometimes think on a similar plane.

Re: Lynnnnnnxxxxxx

Coop
Administrator
There's always been lots of furry fantasy stuff, dating back at least to the Egyptian gods and goddesses; I had the idea that, the the fantasy world I've created, furries came about due to magical DNA experiments utilizing humans and animals.  But that may not be an entirely original idea.  Anyway, it works for the purposes of this webcomic.

So you've created a fantasy world as well?  Was that done for a webcomic, or a novel, or a game, or what?

Re: Lynnnnnnxxxxxx

Glenn
Actually, it's more sci-fi/speculative fiction.  It takes place 20,000 years in the future and humans number less than 1,000,000 in the whole world.  The funny thing is the female lead in my story is a fox, although she looks nothing like Kira.

Re: Lynnnnnnxxxxxx

Coop
Administrator
Have your books been published?  If so, feel free to tell those of us on the forum about them.  And if you want to provide links to them, that's fine.  I'd be interested in hearing about them, and I'm sure others who visit the forum feel the same way.  I have three novels available on Amazon but all three are children's books; I've been working occasionally on a couple of novels aimed at adults, but neither one is close to being finished.

Re: Lynnnnnnxxxxxx

Glenn
No.  Unfortunately, none of my books have been published, yet.  I haven't decided if I want to self-publish, the best way for a new writer to be published these days, or set them up as a blog or website, a la James Bruner and his Zig Zag stories.  I've allowed a few people to read some selected chapters to get their opinion and, mostly, they've been positive.  I've even had one or two say they could actually envision what I was describing.  (Perhaps that's because I put one of my traits in each character., both good and bad.  I'll make up my mind as to what to do with the stories as soon as I complete the one I'm currently editing.  (I had to edit this one because I came to the realization that 20 page chapters could be a bit long for some people.)

Re: Lynnnnnnxxxxxx

Coop
Administrator
Well, at least self-publishing is a viable and affordable option these days.  I'll recommend createspace.com for that, but there are others as well.

Re: Lynnnnnnxxxxxx

Glenn
Thanks.  I'll look into it.