Kira's new outfit

sethtriggs
Well done, well done! I love the joke about the sudden color panel too. It's a pretty panel. And of course, the dialogue is golden.

Re: Kira's new outfit

Coop
Administrator
Kira looks good in purple, doesn't she?  But then, she'd look good in a burlap sack.

Re: Kira's new outfit

choo choo George
Wow is right, love the color panel, both Kira & toby look great. Now if you could do all the panels in color it would be a real eye opener, I know that's a lot of more work & time for you, but it would be terrific to C&K in color at least sometimes.

Re: Kira's new outfit

Coop
Administrator
I'd love to do it in color but I can barely keep up with the schedule as it is.  So I doubt there will ever be regular color strips.  But I'll try to do a little color now and then.

At least the splash graphic at the top is always in color, right?  And the one showing right now is a new one, featuring everyone's favorite sarcastic talking horse from several years ago.  Yes, it's Thunder, making his first appearance since strip #279 ... that's 459 strips ago.  Nice to see that he hasn't gotten put out to pasture or turned into glue yet, huh?

Re: Kira's new outfit

sethtriggs
It is nice that he's still around, great blast from the past.

Kira's really rockin' those boot heels too, I gotta say. Well done all around!

Re: Kira's new outfit

Coop
Administrator
Well, as you can see from the latest strip (#739), Ulf is in fact being left behind.  Toby and Kira will be making the trip without him.  This is the first time that they'll be separated for any significant length of time since I started doing the strip.  But somehow I don't think that Kira will miss Ulf.  Or that Ulf will miss Kira.

Re: Kira's new outfit

sethtriggs
I absolutely can't wait to meet Kira's mom now. This whole plot line has been hilarious though, I've got to say.

Re: Kira's new outfit

Coop
Administrator
Well, hopefully there will be even more fun when Toby finally meets her.  Fun for US, that is.  Not so much for Toby.

Re: Kira's new outfit

sethtriggs
Heh...well met, well met!

Kira and Toby definitely have something to do on that ride, indeed LOL.

Funny story. And is that a new pose you made for Kira?

Re: Kira's new outfit

Coop
Administrator
Yeah, this carriage ride is forcing me to do a lot of new artwork (instead of just re-using old artwork).  It's making it hard for me to keep up.  But so far, I've managed.  The hardest part, of course, is the carriage itself.

Kira and Toby are going to be doing the newlywed thing for awhile ... having trouble keeping their hands off each other.  I hope that doesn't annoy anybody; this isn't an X-rated strip, after all.  But hey, that's what newlyweds do.

Re: Kira's new outfit

sethtriggs
Hey the laughs are coming, I think this is going very well. Looking forward to what happens next!

Toby fails a spot check

sethtriggs
Kira's nice in nothing at all. Nice...uhhh...squish! LOL...

And today's update is absolutely hilarious. Well done!

Re: Toby fails a spot check

Coop
Administrator
Yeah, the strip's been a little provocative lately, and I hope that doesn't upset anyone, but like I said in a previous post, Kira and Toby are newlyweds, and newlyweds who are given a little privacy don't pass the time by playing cards.

Re: Toby fails a spot check

sethtriggs
Nothing wrong with provocative to me.

This is a hilarious story, looking forward to next week!

9/20 update

sethtriggs
Ahahahaha nice job on the 9/20 update. Toby always knows what to say. Totes!

Re: 9/20 update

Coop
Administrator
Toby's comment in strip #746 was indeed very clever.  It's also the kind of comment that could get him a fireball in the face.  Fortunately he and Kira are still in their honeymoon phase, so he'll probably get away with it.  For now.

Re: 9/20 update

Glenn
But, Toby has got to remember that discretion is the better part of valor.  (Plus, he should always remember, "Women have what men have always been seeking.  Companionship."  "Brother" Dave Gardner)