Kira and mother's relationship

sethtriggs
It's interesting, it's kinda frank and truthful. Honestly, this is going more positively than I thought it would. Though heh...it's easy to see where Kira's sharp tongue comes from.

Re: Kira and mother's relationship

Coop
Administrator
Yeah, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

If anything, Kira's mom has a sharper tongue than Kira.  But then, she's had more time to hone the blade.

Maybe Toby should just STAY outside.

Re: Kira and mother's relationship

sethtriggs
I rather think his ears would be burning with this conversation Kira and her mom are having. Wow!

Re: Kira and mother's relationship

Coop
Administrator
I was a little hesitant at first to post the strips where Kira gets grilled by her mom about her sex life.  But hey, while the strip isn't pornographic, it's aimed at adults, and Kira and Toby are newlyweds, so I really don't think people should be offended.

Of course, if Toby heard what was being discussed, he might change from a golden lion to a red-from-embarrassment lion.

Re: Kira and mother's relationship

sethtriggs
It's really awesome, the tone here. And LOL besides, Kira is fanservicey anyway, it's all good.

Her family dynamic is really, really messed up...but hilariously so.

Re: Kira and mother's relationship

Coop
Administrator
Your timing is perfect, Seth, because in the next couple of strips we're going to be hearing more about Kira's messed-up family.  In fact, it just might be that Kira is the sanest one in her family.  How scary is THAT?

Re: Kira and mother's relationship (May 1)

sethtriggs
LOL I'm really digging this dynamic. Well done, well done.

Administrator
I'm trying to envision Kira's lavender-furred sister, and I bet most of my readers are doing the same.  But it's not easy.  Anyway, if she looks anything like Kira, I'm sure she makes plenty of money as an exotic dancer.

Re: Kira and mother's relationship (May 1)

sethtriggs
Lavender fur is really an interesting look. We'll see how it turns out indeed.

LOL on the teenaged fantasies.

Administrator
I wonder if those fantasies involved a lion?  Maybe we'll soon find out.

Re: Kira and mother's relationship (May 1)

sethtriggs
'tis a great pose of Kira, I must say.

LOL Love the matter-of-fact banter too.

Re: Kira and mother's relationship (May 1)

Coop
Administrator
Hey, nobody's mentioned the color pic showing Nick Wolfe meeting Kira.  Seemed like a natural pairing to me.

I loved ZOOTOPIA, by the way.  The studio did a great job of making the main characters likeable and believable.  Also I liked how some of the characters changed during the course of the movie.  The bully Gideon Gray grew up to be a kindly baker.  The sweet little assistant mayor turned out to be a villain.  In too many films, characters stay pretty much the same from beginning to end.  But not this one!

Re: Kira and mother's relationship (May 1)

sethtriggs
Hehehehe I agree with you about Zootopia.

And heh...I liked the little gossip joke in the June 5 update. Well done!

Re: Kira and mother's relationship (May 1)

Coop
Administrator
I imagine the entire furry community is excited about ZOOTOPIA.  The film's gross has now gone over a billion dollars, which shows that there's a huge market for talking-animal entertainment when done correctly.  Don't "dumb down" the material to kindergarten level and don't do any Tom and Jerry silliness; just give us a good story with well-rounded characters whose animal attributes help to round out their personalities.  You'll find that it's a formula that works.

Re: Kira and mother's relationship (May 1)

sethtriggs
Zootopia was surprisingly dark, even for a Disney movie. But I really found it compelling. It's truly a good movie.

Re: Kira and mother's relationship (May 1)

Coop
Administrator
The original concept was a lot darker.  Check out some of the concept material on YouTube.  The early scripts showed Zootopia as a city where the prey animals were in charge (due to having more voting power than the predators), and as a result, all predators were required to wear a collar which would give them an electric shock if they became upset/angry/aggressive.  Nick Wilde was going to be the star, a fox who rebelled against the law and refused to wear his collar; Judy Hopps was going to be a secondary character, a cop who arrested him but soon became sympathetic to his plight.  Eventually, however, Disney decided that the collar idea was just too dark.  And they were probably right.

By the way, can you imagine someone in the C&K world telling Kira that she had to wear an electric-shock collar?  That guy had better be wearing fireproof clothing.

Re: Kira and mother's relationship (May 1)

sethtriggs
I remember the collar idea! Someone did an AU comic about that in fact, which was pretty compelling and sad.

Heh collars don't seem Kira's style for sure.

Liked the latest update too.

Re: Kira and mother's relationship (May 1)

Coop
Administrator
Kira clearly wants to get out of cleaning that chicken coop.  And I don't blame her.  My folks had a chicken coop out back when I was a kid.  Those things are nasty.

I can't picture Kira cleaning a chicken coop, anyway.