Quantcast

Kira ala Scrooge McDuck

sethtriggs
That's yet another gag I enjoy from you. You have quite a novel style, Coop...keep it up!

The whole situation has me in stitches.

I also like all the improvements over time in the art style!

-Seth

Re: Kira ala Scrooge McDuck

Coop
Administrator
This post was updated on .
I looked at some pics of Scrooge McDuck swimming in his money vault to help me prepare for the task of drawing Kira taking a bath in her loot.  I guess it shows, huh?

Kira would have liked the rich Disney duck, since they have a mutual love of money.

By the way, you may know that the original Scrooge McDuck comic books were written and drawn by a fellow named Carl Barks, but later they were picked up by an artist named Don Rosa, who was still doing them as recently as 2006, I believe.  Anyway (not that anybody cares), I met Don Rosa through a friend back in the 1980s and went to his house a few times.  He's a really nice guy.  He had a tremendous collection of Disney memorabilia and comics, too.  I sure wish I could draw as well as he can.

Re: Kira ala Scrooge McDuck

sethtriggs
Well I think you're doing a fine job art-wise, keep it up!

-Seth

Re: Kira ala Scrooge McDuck

Coop
Administrator
Thanks, Seth.  My artwork has improved but it's never going to be all that good.  Anyway, I'm pretty much satisfied that I've gone as far with it as I can, given my meager skills and the small amount of time I can devote to the strip.

Re: Kira ala Scrooge McDuck

sethtriggs
It's doing very well, very well indeed.

Also LOL on the May 3 update.

-Seth

Re: Kira ala Scrooge McDuck

Coop
Administrator
Strip #726 (posted May 3, 2015) marks the end of the series depicting Kira in the bathtub.  She has soaked in her money long enough.  Now it's time for her to go spend some of it!