I love Ulf

sethtriggs
Heh...there's just something about his...'don't really care' style that is appealing to read.

Re: I love Ulf

Coop
Administrator
Yeah, the feedback I've gotten over the years from various readers indicates that Ulf is the most popular character.  And I think his nothing-bothers-me attitude is a large part of it.  Plus he does whatever he wants to do, says whatever he wants to say, and doesn't much care if anybody approves.  I guess we'd all like to be able to live like that.  And we could, too, if only we were muscular barbarians wearing rings of invincibility who didn't need a job.

Re: I love Ulf

sethtriggs
Hahahah just gotta say, this is quite an interesting wrinkle for things!

Hope this lady has noseplugs!

Re: I love Ulf

Coop
Administrator
Oh, she shouldn't need nose plugs.  She works at a bath house, so I assume Ulf is now seeing her regularly and getting regular baths (for maybe the first time in his life).  And he must really love her if he's willing to do that.

Re: I love Ulf

sethtriggs
Really loving these updates, it's well done.

Re: I love Ulf

Coop
Administrator
Thanks.  But Kira seems to be getting more and more cruel, doesn't it?  Or maybe she's just getting back to normal after behaving unusually well during her visit with her parents.

Re: I love Ulf

sethtriggs
The poison bit was one of those funny, yet disturbing bits. Well done!

Re: I love Ulf

Coop
Administrator
Kira's making up for lost time when it comes to being bad, isn't she?  But at least she really does care for Toby.  Ulf ... not so much.

Re: I love Ulf

sethtriggs
I love the new header. Also, heh I do love how Ulf is always looking for trouble.

Whew! Been so busy lately.

Re: I love Ulf

Coop
Administrator
I enjoy doing full-color splash graphics for the masthead, but they take longer, for obvious reasons, and it's hard to find the time.

The current splash graphic features a character from a recent animated movie called SPARK.  I wonder how many people have even heard of it?  Probably not many; it was produced by a fairly small studio, and it bombed big-time at the box office.  I knew about it only because I'm an animation fan, and I visit websites that cover all of the animated features.  I was sorry to see that this film bombed so badly, because I like to see small studios succeed; the more of them there are, the more animated films we get to watch.  Thirty years ago, if you wanted to see an animated feature film, you went to see Disney's latest offering ... then you waited three years for Disney's next one.  It's better today, with Pixar and Illumination and Blue Sky and Sony and Dreamworks and various small studios producing animated features (although Dreamworks is in a bit of a slump lately).

Kira keeps insisting that someone should produce a CHIVALRY AND KNAVERY movie.  But it'll never happen, and although she doesn't realize it, if such a movie was made, Ulf would be the star, not Kira.

Re: I love Ulf

sethtriggs
Whoa, never heard of that movie! But it's good to know. Getting animation features to catch on in the cinema seems to be a big ask nowadays.

Honestly I would watch a Chivalry and Knavery movie. It sounds like it'd be a lot of fun, to be honest.

I do think it's fun that Ulf is rubbing off a bit on Toby. Nice bit of character development.

Happy 12th anniversary too!

Re: I love Ulf

Coop
Administrator
The past year was a huge one for animated movies that featured anthro characters.  ZOOTOPIA had an all-anthro cast, and it raked in more than a billion dollars.  FINDING DORY was also an anthro movie, if sea creatures count, and it topped the billion mark as well.  KUNG FU PANDA 3, SING, and ICE AGE: COLLISION COURSE didn't make a billion but were still big hits.

It would be great if some Hollywood hotshot stumbled across CHIVALRY AND KNAVERY and decided to base a movie on it, but he or she would have to make some changes to the characters; Kira and Toby have sexy bodies and skimpy outfits, both of which are a no-no for animated movies.  Ulf would have to cut back on the booze and violence --- I'm not sure he'd have any reason to continue to live.

But it could still be a great movie, with the team getting into all sorts of zany adventures while Ulf and Kira bicker and Toby tries to keep them from killing each other.  Surely it would do better at the box office than SPARK, which cost tens of millions to produce, and then brought in less than $200,000 in ticket sales.  Ouch.

Re: I love Ulf

sethtriggs
Although Gazelle looked pretty good in Zootopia, so there's that, heh! Though that's partially Disney-design.

Hahahahah the new update is so cute too. I guess Toby has certain needs.

Re: I love Ulf

Coop
Administrator
Toby has those needs, all right.  I can relate.  I've got the same ones.  I suppose every guy does.

7/16 - Uh oh!

sethtriggs
Ooooooooh that's not going to end well! Stay strong Toby!

Re: 7/16 - Uh oh!

Coop
Administrator
His needs are being tested, for sure.